Featuring a detailed review of enhancements in KeyCreator Pro 2021 and product roadmap discussion
This 60-minute webinar hosted by several managers from Kubotek was held on November 10, 2020 for active users of KeyCreator with several interactive polls and a brief Q&A session.
Enhancements covered include:
- Major enhancements to Material attributes system
- STEP AP 242 and compressed STPZ files
- New option in Auxiliary view
- Miscellaneous updates
- New customer support request system
Presenter: Wes Krol, Technical Account Manager
Panelists for Open Discussion: Ram Eswaran, COO & CTO; John McCullough, General Manager, Marketing; and Andy Beaupre, General Manager, Sales & Support
Splitter Window Materials/RGB & Face Tools
- Materials and associated RGB colors automatically captured during import
- Materials attached to faces
- Face tools interact with materials
- New "Filter By Materials"
New Read Support for AP242
- The convergence of the AP203 & AP214 standards is now known as AP242.
- It also includes new functionalities that impact Model Based Definition (MBD), engineering design data, and Product Manufacturing Information (PMI).
- KeyCreator reads assemblies, B-Rep, Graphical PMI, meshes
Import & Export Compressed STEP Files
- Compressed STEP files use the .STPZ file extension
- All "Import/Open Assembly Option" settings have been changed to bring assemblies in as "Flatten"
- No part references as all levels managed multiple solids
KeyCreator Product Roadmap
Quarterly updates are planned throughout the year. Updates, called Service Packs, to be focused on delivering translator updates, enhancements & productivity improvements in addition to bug fixes.
STEP AP242 Export
- Write model mode detail entities
- Write Lightweight data to STEP in addition to assemblies, bodies, etc.
Ongoing Improvements to Part Reference Handling
- Improve support in verification handling
- Reference geometry in editing operations
- Edit in-context